Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ingrid Michaelson at Town Hall 12-18-08

Ingrid_Michaelson w Uke 12-18-08
Originally uploaded by OpenEye

So I'm starting the official 50showsat50 year six weeks before my 50th Birthday with this show. Whereever I can I'll post my own photos like this one.

I discovered Ingrid Michaelson just a couple of weeks ago. I'm a subscriber to RadioIO on the net, and kept hearing her and thinking "I like this." I bought "Be Ok" and within a day added "Girls and Boys."

Her Holiday Hop '08 was going to be the last show before she took a break from a year and a half of touring and I jumped on the last official tickets available. Ticketmaster's 'TicketsNow' premium seating. I paid a lot, but ended up front row center. Won't be able to go to a lot of shows buying tickets this way.

Ingrid is a great performer. Comfortable in her own skin and very entertaining even when she's not singing. She has assembled a great band whose playing and singing complement her voice perfectly. They are:

Allie Moss - Guitar/Vocals

Bess Rogers - Guitar

Chris Kuffner - Bass/Vocals

Elliot Jacobson - Drums

-Ingrid Michaelson's official site

- You can hear her for yourself. NPR and WXPN are streaming a show.

- Don't miss this nice review at Venuszine

Listen to "Breakable"

More photos from this show in my Flickr stream

Show #1

No comments:

Post a Comment